What are cookies and why are they used?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded by a user’s device when he or she accesses certain websites, and is used to store and retrieve information about the web browsing he or she performs on that device.
Cookies permit this Platform to, among other things, store and retrieve information about the user’s preferences. The cookies used by the Platform are necessary for the functioning thereof; they are not used for any other purpose.
What types of cookies are there?
Cookies, depending on how long they are active, can be classified as session cookies or persistent cookies:
- Session cookies: the data that these cookies collect and store is recollected while the user navigates on a website and is eliminated when the user closes his or her browser. They are usually used to store information that is worth conserving if the user habitually returns to the website.
- Persistent cookies: with these cookies, the data continues to be stored on the user’s device for a determined period of time, and as such, facilitate the control of the preferences chosen by the user without him or her having to repeatedly select certain parameters every time he or she visits the website.
Additionally, according to which entity they are managed by, cookies can be classified as proprietary or third-party:
- Proprietary cookies: these cookies are sent to the user’s device from a domain or terminal from which the service is requested by the publisher itself.
- Third-party cookies: these cookies are sent to the user’s device from a domain or terminal that is not managed by the publisher, but is instead managed by another entity that processes the data obtained by the cookies.
Regarding their purpose, cookies can be:
- Technical cookies: these cookies allow for the control of the transmission and communication of data.
- Preference cookies: these cookies allow users to access a website according to some of their own preferences that are collected (browser, language, etc.)
- Analytical cookies: these cookies allow an entity to track and analyze the behavior of a website’s users, letting them develop a user profile thereof.
- Advertising cookies: these cookies collect data on the management of advertising space on the web.
Which cookies does the Plataform use?
This Platform only uses those cookies necessary for providing the User with the content and the services. Eurecat does not use the information garnered through the installation of these functional cookies for any other purpose, and as such, does not obtain data on the browsing habits of the User through the use of the Platform.
It is important that the User takes into account that the cookies that are installed, which are necessary for the correct use of the website, do not require his or her consent or any configuration.
How do you disable cookies in your browser?
A user’s cookie configuration is reflected in the browser he or she uses. Nevertheless, it is explained here how he or she can allow, block, or delete the cookies on his or her device through the configuration of options of the browser he or she chooses to use. Carefully read the help section of your browser to know the details of how to activate “private mode” or to unblock certain cookies.
Depending on the browser used and its functionality, the installation of cookies that can be considered third-party may be involved. For example, if a user uses Google’s browser and chooses the browser option to translate the language of a website, Google installs cookies on that user’s device. which aren’t managed by the publisher of that website, and said publisher is not responsible for them.
The following links provide instructions on configuring cookies for each major browser:
- Information about cookies for Internet Explorer.
- Information about cookies for Mozilla Firefox.
- Information about cookies for Opera.
- Information about cookies for Google Chrome.
- Information about cookies for Safari.
The User has to keep in mind that, if he or she disables the cookies that are installed for Platform use, he or she will not be able to access it, given the fact that these cookies enable the proper functioning and delivery of the service.
|Cookie key||Domain||Path||Cookie type||Expiration||Description|
||ifgh.org||/courses/||First-party||Session||Temporary necessary cookie|