Second Level Master in Vaccinology and Drug Development (Executive)
Academic Year 2022-2023
Course starts on January 2023
- Public Health, Vaccine Development Process and Policy Making;
- Clinical Methodology;
- Vaccines Preventable Diseases;
- Clinical Operations (GCP);
- Pharmaceutical Clinical Development;
- Vaccine Immunology and Pre-Clinical Research;
- Regulatory Affairs;
- Manufacturing and Quality Assurance.
Students will spend a total of 5 to 6-months:
- 5 to 6-months of practice on work at different departments of the sponsors and collaborative institutions, followed by investigational site training.
- Each student selects a subject for a written thesis;
- The work will be presented to a panel of experts during the public thesis defense at the end of the 12-months program
In order to graduate and receive the official University master’s DIPLOMA, the students shall pass the following steps:
- students must reach the minimum grade by the italian educational system on the written exams and internship activities;
- students must pass the public thesis defense approved by the thesis committee in order to graduate.
University degree in the following:
- Pharmaceutical biotechnology*;
- Chemistry and pharmaceutical technology*;
- Medicine and surgery**;
- Dentistry and dental prosthetics*;
- Medical biotecnology*;
- Pharmacy and Industrial Pharmacy**;
*Minimum of 4 years
** Specialization and/or Master degree
Excellent command of English, written and spoken. The entire course is in English.
The Master Technical and Scientific Board may evaluate for admission applications from candidates with other degrees, provided they have proof of specific activities or degrees in the field of the Master course.
Application & Information
Application must be completed up to December 1st, 2022 23:59 CET
Check the Application required documents below
The interviews will be in December 2022, exclusively online via Zoom or MsTeams.
All candidates will receive a notification with the schedule.
Application required documents
- Degree that gives the possibility to have a Post Graduation course (see above Entry requirements)
- ID size photo
- European styled Curriculum. Click here to use our form
Enrollment required documents
- From this year the University of Siena has established that the Declaration of Value or the CIMEA recognition must be uploaded to the portal (segreteria online) before the start of the courses; for this reason, it’s a prerequisite and mandatory for admission to the Master’s assessment test to have the original documents in order (degree certificate of College/University/Master certificate).
- The Statement of Comparability* and the Verification of the Certification** (CIMEA) are accepted as an alternative to the Declaration of Value. It’s cost is between 215 and 335 EUR and depends on the country of request. For more information please visit: https://apply.unisi.it/contents/content/22-cimea
- The cost of CIMEA will be refunded by the Master Program. Please have a receipt of payment and bank account Swift code/BIC and IBAN
- All the Enrollment required documets are mandatory if you pass the selection process.
*The Comparability service allows you to request the Statement of Comparability with the evaluation of your academic and secondary school qualifications conducted by CIMEA experts.
The Statement of Comparability is a document containing the information relating to the qualification, such as the recognition/accreditation of the institution that issued it in the country of origin and the level of the qualification according to the Bologna Process and the European Qualifications Framework, in addition to the specifications of the comparability of the degree, the nature of the course (academic or professional) and any other useful element to let it be evaluated by the competent bodies in the different national systems.
This comparison does not establish in any way the formal recognition of the qualification within a different national system, but is a useful indication for the institutions that evaluate the qualification during the different recognition procedures: the Statement of Comparability of the qualification has the weight of opinion, and does not bind institutions in any way during their evaluation and recognition procedures.
**The Verification service allows you to request the Statement of Verification which certifies that your qualifications has been awarded by an official body in the education system of reference.
The Statement of Verification is a document showing the main information related to your qualification, as well as the certification of the verification of the authenticity of the qualification performed by CIMEA experts. The term Verification of authenticity means any action performed by CIMEA in order to receive information on the actual award of a qualification by the institution of reference.
This verification does not establish in any way the formal recognition of the qualification within a different national system, but is a useful indication for the institutions that evaluate the qualification during the different recognition procedures: the Statement of Verification of the qualification has the weight of opinion, and does not bind institutions in any way during their evaluation and recognition procedures.
Call document (Bando)
For further information contact
Applications are free.
For approved candidates:
- Registration fee 1.500Euros
- State tax 16Euros