Follow the Master on
Applications closed. Academic Year 2021-2022
The internationally recognized Master in Vaccinology and Pharmaceutical Clinical Development has evolved to now include the Drugs study development.
This program demands excellence in every aspect, from the worldwide expertise of the teaching staff to the student’s level of commitment and dedication.
The success of this program is a collaborative effort and a unique partnership between industry and academia to help developing countries to overcome some of the gaps in vaccinology and pharmacology, via a very solid tool: Education. This program helps the countries to build their own resources, to disseminate knowledge, to develop new professionals and especially helps the developing countries to be independent on key aspects such as pharmacovigilance, regulatory and epidemiology.
People in developing countries need life-saving vaccines and medicines – and they need them now.
But making this happen is not simple. It requires trained professionals to rollout effective national immunization plans, to generate local clinical data on vaccine and drugs safety and efficacy, and to share their public health expertise with others.
Through our Master Program in Vaccinology and Drug Development, young doctors in medical and biological sciences develop the valuable scientific and practical knowhow they need to join the new generation of public health leaders in developing countries.
With this program the students will carry on the capacity building in vaccinology and drugs development, having the knowledge to ascend with their careers in the academia, public health and research and development in public and private institutes.
Modules at University class and Online
- Public Health, Vaccine Development Process and Policy Making;
- Clinical Methodology, Statistics and Health Economics;
- Vaccines Preventable Diseases;
- Clinical Operations (GCP);
- Pharmaceutical Clinical Development;
- Vaccine Immunology and Pre-Clinical Research;
- Regulatory Affairs;
- Manufacturing and Quality Assurance;
Students will spend a total of 4-months:
- 4 months of practice on work at different departments of the sponsors and collaborative institutions, followed by investigational site training.
- Each student selects a subject for a written thesis;
- The work will be presented to a panel of experts during the public thesis defense at the end of the 12-months program
In order to graduate and receive the official University master’s diploma, the students shall pass the following steps:
- students must reach the minimum grade by the italian educational system on the written exams and internship activities;
- students must pass the public thesis defense approved by the thesis committee in order to graduate.
University degree (4-years degree minimum) in one of the courses:
- Pharmaceutical biotechnology;
- Chemistry and pharmaceutical technology;
- Medicine and surgery;
- Dentistry and dental prosthetics;
- Pharmaceutical biotechnology;
- Pharmacy and Industrial Pharmacy;
THE DEGREE MUST HAVE BEEN AWARDED AT LEAST 2 YEARS EARLIER OR THE CANDIDATE MUST HAVE AT LEAST 2 YEARS PROVEN EXPERIENCE IN SECTORS PERTAINING TO THE MASTER
Excellent command of English, written and spoken. The entire course is in English.
The Master Board may evaluate for admission applications from candidates with other degrees, provided they have proof of specific activities or degrees in the field of the Master course.
Application & Information
Application must be completed up to December 1st, 2021 23:59 CET at https://segreteriaonline.unisi.it. See a tutorial here
The interviews will be from December 13th to 17th 2021, exclusively online via Zoom or Teams
Official communication (bando) is at
The Applications are free. Candidates that pass interviews and are officially accepted by the selection committee will have a registration fee of 1.500 euros plus 16Euros of State tax (bollo)